Monday, December 26, 2011

"My first Christmas in Heaven"

I see the countless
Christmas trees
around the world below
With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars,
reflecting on the snow

The sight is so spectacular,
please wipe away the tear
For I am spending Christmas with
Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs
that people hold so dear
But the sounds of music can't compare
with the Christmas choir up here.

I have no words to tell you,
the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description,
to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me,
I see the pain inside your heart.
But I am not so far away,
We really aren't apart.

So be happy for me, dear ones,
You know I hold you dear.
And be glad I'm spending Christmas
with Jesus Christ this year.

I sent you each a special gift,
from my heavenly home above.
I sent you each a memory
of my undying love.

After all, love is a gift more precious
than pure gold.
was always most important
the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other,
my Father said to do.
I can't count the blessing or love
has for each of you.

So have a Merry Christmas and
Wipe away that tear
Remember, I am spending Christmas with
Jesus Christ this year


Christmas was a little different this year. It felt like I was just going through the motions. I have been struggling with my faith a bit lately, so I wasn't really in the celebrating mood. Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful for what I have. I know I am beyond blessed to have a wonderful husband, 2 perfect children, and a large loving family, but I am still missing someone. The poem above was given to my by my step-mother, Dianne, for Christmas and I have to admit that it dulls the pain a little bit. Knowing that Tami is somewhere so wonderful makes me feel better. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but in the midst of our Christmas travels Peter stopped to point out the sunset. It was beautiful! The sky was a gorgeous grey and pink swirl with orange accents. I stopped for what seemed like forever, but was probably only a moment, and my heart warmed a bit. I know it was beautiful from here on earth, but imagine what it might have looked like from Heaven.

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and gave extra hugs to those you love today.
(I know this was a bit of a depressing post so I promise to follow it with the best part of my Christmas!)

No comments:

Post a Comment